Here are ten little thoughts that will have a big impact on your work in 2015, and beyond. Adapted from The Little Black Book of Design by Adam Judge, which is a brilliant read.
1. Always ask why.
2. It might be smart, cool, and cutting edge – but does it work the first time easily?
3. You built it, so you naturally understand it. Will the user?
4. Ask why again.
5. If you have to explain it, you have failed.
6. Simplicity is advanced, complexity is primitive.
7. Making something the boss wants and making something the customers want are not automatically the same thing.
8. Bells and whistles have their place – on firetrucks and ice cream trucks.
9. The best designs don’t feel brand new.
10. When last did you ask why?
We wish you a glorious new year filled with brilliant design and mind blowing success. Thank you for journeying with us this year!