Our friends over at Southern Guild is calling for submissions of one-off, never-before-seen, collectible design pieces from South Africa’s new generation of designers. In the latter part of 2016, Southern Guild will show never-before-seen collectible design from South Africa’s best young designers in a show titled A New Wave. We’re looking for new talent to be considered for this exhibition to be held in our Cape Town gallery in Woodstock, adding to the emerging design narrative in South Africa. Prized by collectors, these items increase in value over time as they are produced in small numbers and are not everyday production pieces.
- The piece should be a new, functional product, in line with the requirements for collectible design. No funding is available for production.
- Work should not have been previously exhibited.
- Designers should be under 40 years of age and be based in South Africa or neighbouring countries.
- Submit a maximum of five images of the one-off or limited-edition piece, with dimensions and description of materials and inspiration (1MB each will suffice). Should your piece not be complete, send comprehensive plans, renders and drawings of the proposed product, with dimensions and description of materials and inspiration.
- Submit a bio of 150 words about the designer.
- Send us your details: name and surname, date of birth, telephone number and email address and location.
Send submissions by 9 May 2016 to Kerri at email@example.com with “A New Wave Submission” and your name in the subject line. Successful applicants will be informed by 13 May and will have eight weeks to complete their pieces