Lungelo Mashaba is currently employed full time with plans to start a new fashion business, MIZU. He studied fashion and textile design at the Durban Institute of Technology and graduated in 2013. Subsequently, he interned at Holmes Brothers and gained experience as a pattern maker while also familiarising himself with the basic garment production process from design to dispatch.
Mashaba’s aim is to design and manufacture unique bespoke men’s garments with a focus on fine detailing. His designs will take a fresh approach to traditional tailored menswear and sportswear, through the fusion of these two different styles.
Lungelo Mashaba is part of the 2015 Department of Arts and Culture and SABS Design Instiute Programme, in association with Design Indaba
· Exhibited at Vodacom Durban July 2013; finished with the Young Design Award Top 30 (Semi Final)
· Exhibited at Vodacom Durban July 2014 (Featured on E-news channel-best moment)
· Was part of the David Tlale Extravaganza 'The Intern' top 6
· DUT Annual Graduates Fashion Show, finished as a top 20 finalist
· Served as a Student Designer member at the KZN Fashion Council